The Blaj machine tool accessories company was established on 01.01.1972 under HCM 1427/1972. In 1974, the first production capacity came into operation.
By construction and equipment, IAMU Blaj was profiled on the execution of accessories and replacement components for machine tools, the execution of consumer goods and capital repairs for machine tools.
In 1990, the Commercial Company, IAMU S.A., was established, according to GD 1296/1990.
After 1990, the company reoriented its production towards the requirements of the market economy, introducing, in addition to traditional products, other products at the request of customers, such as: linear guide elements, vices, components for packaging machines, machine-tool components for metal processing, components for plastic injection machines, components for machines in the paper industry, elements for measuring and control equipment.
In 1994, the collaboration with the German company Deutsche Star GmbH Rexroth, later Rexroth-Bosch GROUP, began, respectively the manufacture of linear technology elements.
In 2002, the company obtained the Quality Management System certification, according to ISO 9001.
In 2007, the company obtained certification from the point of view of the Environmental Management System, according to ISO 14001. Starting with 2008, the company implemented a new Production Management System, IPS, based on lean management and the "Just in Time" principle ».
In 2016, the company obtained the Occupational Health and Safety Management System certification, according to OHSAS 18001, and in 2021 the transition to ISO 45001 was made.
The high level of quality of the entire activity is confirmed by the awarding of the PREFERENTIAL SUPPLIER certificate by Robert Bosch GmbH, starting from 2010. Also, SC IAMU SA Blaj has obtained various regional and national distinctions and trophies in its field of activity over the years.